I had my yummy breakfast cookies & almond milk for breakfast this morning before my run. If you want the recipe you can find it on my Foodskies section. They are really good, and of course I go the recipe from Pinterest aka The Best Website/App Ever!
Here is the route from my run today:
So here are some of the things going through my head as I was running today:
- The CIM is in 28 days!!
- I feel heavy 😦 I could use the excuse that I haven’t been running as much, but we all know I’ve been going out & drinking way too much since living downtown.
- Mmmmmm beer….Murphy’s Stout. Yum.
- DO NOT wear heals the night before you plan on running the next morning.
- I need to get some new shoes before the CIM. Yay for $15 rewards from Fleet Feet!
- Jesus Christ my pace is all over the place.
- I really feel out of shape. Time to stop f-ing around and eat the way I’m supposed to.
- Ooo The Rind, a cheese bar? What?? I’m gonna be there all the time when that opens!
- Mile 3 & no pain. YES!!!
- I love the sounds of the leaves as they crunch under my feet 🙂
- I don’t love almost slipping on them though.
- Love this song! (These Arms of Mine, Otis Redding)
- Now I’m gonna have this song stuck in my head for the rest of my run, but that’s okay.
- Can you get the fuck out of my way? You all seriously have to walk across the whole sidewalk?
- Stop being a bitch Haley.
- I want a Subaru!
- Why is my hand sticky? I know that happens when I have energy gels, but I haven’t had one. What the fuck?
- …these arms of mine, they are burning, burning from wanting you. These arms of mine…
- Hell yea, 6 miles and no pain!
- I’ve missed running!
As long as I feel good (no foot pain) these next couple of days I’m going to start back on my training schedule. Which makes me really happy 🙂 Not doing my usual training has kinda got me stuck in a rut. But not anymore! The realization that my first marathon is less than a month away hit me hard while on my run today. Usually I feel light, fast and like I could run all day. Today it was more like heavy, slow and struggling. Still good to run, but it definitely wasn’t my best.
Zahara loves her mom so much. When I come home she always has to be all in my face. Don’t mind my face in this picture, I just got done running.
Well happy running all! Have a great rest of your weekend.