Hope everyone is having a great Friday so far! I’m excited because:
1. It is my last Friday grave shift!
2. Going to a friend’s wedding tomorrow
3. Women’s Fitness Festival Sunday, followed by a music festival along the Sacramento River
4. I’m testing out my new shoes today!!! I got a pair of Saucony Knivaras
I was nominated for the Liebster Blog Award by another great blogger Stacy. Her blog is The Complaining Runner
I love that name by the way!
The Liebster Blog Award is for blogs who have less than 200 followers. Liebster is German for: beloved, dearest, sweetheart, favorite…so I take it to mean favorite blog award 😉 Here are the rules for receiving this award –
1. Recognizing the awesome blogger that nominated you
2. Write 11 things about yourself
3. Answer the 11 questions the blogger who nominated you asked
4. Nominate new bloggers
5. Write 11 questions of your own for the bloggers you nominate.
11 things about myself (this post is going to be full of lists!!):
1. Jonathan Carroll is my favorite author. If I could write books, I’d write like him. I also have a quote from one of his books tattooed on my back.
2. Speaking of tattoos, I have 6.
3. I LOOOVE food! French fries, cheese platters, pizza, ice cream – all favorites.
4. If some one offers me a beer it better be a good one. I don’t drink Coors, or Budweiser. Offer me a Campfire Stout & we’ll be BFFs for life!
5. I used to hate running outside & prefer treadmills. Now I love outdoor running & think running on treadmills is hard. Not because its boring, I sometimes find it physically harder.
6. I count cats when I run…I’m weird like that.
7. In case you haven’t read my blog and couldn’t tell I lOVE cats.
8. Ever since I was a kid I have wanted to travel to Vienna…and Jonathan Carroll lives there! I think we are destined to run into each other there! 😉
9. A favorite summer past-time is going to baseball games. Go A’s!!
10. I don’t have tv service, but I HAVE to watch American Horror Story. When it’s on I go to my friend’s house to see it…we are obsessed!
11. I’d like to organize a race. I have ideas in mind, but I’m not ready to share that yet.
Questions from the blogger who nominated me:
1. Who is your fitness inspiration? This is a hard one, I guess I’d have to say anyone who puts in the work to stay healthy and look good! 🙂
2. What is one thing you did everyday when you were 10, but now never do? Eat blocks of cheese. I still love cheese, but wouldn’t eat it in the huge chunks I use to.
3. What is your favorite brunch item? Hashbrowns, eggs & either bacon or sausage. With fruit.
4. If you could only eat one thing for the rest of your life, what would you choose? Pizza.
5. What is your greatest accomplishment? Running my first 10k, half marathon & marathon all in 1 year (2012).
6. If you had to spend 24 hours with either Lindsay Lohan or Amanda Bynes who would you choose? Amanda Bynes when she was a kid.
7. What was your worst haircut? I had really long hair & wanted a bob just above my shoulders. The stylist cut my hair super straight, with uneven strands and it was almost to my ears! Thank god it grows back!!
8. Early bird or night owl? If it is getting up for a race, early bird.
9. What was the last book you read? A Handmaid’s Tale.
10.What’s the craziest thing you’ve seen a stranger do in public? A lady walking down the street was eating some kind of pastry. When she was done she just threw the paper it was in on the ground. I wish I would have pulled over and yelled at her to pick it up.
11. Apple or Android? Having had both I’d say Apple.
Now for my nominations!
Sorry, I don’t have more. The other blogs I follow have over 200 followers. These are all great though!
Questions for my nominated blogs:
1. What is your favorite book?
2. If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you choose?
3. Beer or wine…or both?
4. What is your favorite season?
5. Which historical figure would you like to meet?
6. What decade – era – would you want to live in?
7. What is your favorite tv show?
8. Is there an age you wish you could go back to? What age & why?
9. Dog or cat person?
10. How many states have you visited?
11. What do you do when you’re in a bad mood to cheer yourself up?
That was fun! And such a great way to get to know other people and read other great blogs.
Alright, it’s almost time for me to go to bed…last night sift, yes!! But first here is a sexy picture of my new shoes. I got the Saucony Kinvaras. I’ve heard great things and have been wanting to try them out. So far I’ve only had the Saucony Guides. Which I love. I’ll wear these a few times and let you know what I think. So far I ran 3 miles on the treadmill and really liked them. A close out price of $70 made me like them even more. Check out REI right now for great deals. REI close out sale 2012 I’m not sure how much longer this sale is going on.
Finally, I have a race this Sunday! It is the first race that I have done more than once. I ran the Women’s Fitness Festival last year. It was while running this race that I decided to sign up for the California International Marathon last year. Good times!! I am looking to beat my 5k PR of 26:28 so wish me luck!