Recently I was offered an amazing opportunity – I was offered a coaching position with the Muscular Dystrophy Association‘s Team Momentum. Team Momentum is MDA’s running program/running team. They run races all over the country and San Diego is one of their new locations! We are training to run the San Diego Rock ‘N’ Roll Marathon/Half Marathon.
I am so honored to be apart of Team Momentum. My running journey began in 2011, and there were 2 reasons I started. The main reason I started, why I continue to run and why I love it so much is because I am able to do it! Some runs are harder than others, but I am so, so fortunate to be able to call myself a runner. This fits in perfectly with the mission of the MDA and Team Momentum. We are literally running for those who can’t. Words can’t express how much it means to me to be coaching runners who are devoting their time to this cause. It has always been a goal of mine to promote running, get others to start running and fall in love with it like I have.
If you are not familiar with muscular diseases, you can read about them here. “Muscular dystrophy, ALS and related muscle-debilitating diseases take away physical strength, independence and life. Find out who gets these diseases, what causes them, what the symptoms and life expectancy are for people affected by them, and how MDA research is leading the way to treatments and cures.” – mda.org
There are many benefits of running with Team Momentum, here is a list of some of them:
- Membership in the best nationwide endurance program dedicated to supporting the fight for muscle health
- World-class customized Half or Full Marathon training for all levels and abilities
- A community of support from your teammates, volunteers, coaches and mentors
- Invitations to exclusive social events
- Exclusive MDA Team Momentum training and racing gear
- Race-weekend VIP amenities, such as access to an MDA Team Momentum tent, gear check, private changing areas, facilities, cheer teams to inspire you, and more
- Easy-to-use online tools to make your fundraising easy, fun and successful
- A personalized fundraising Web page
- The opportunity to honor or remember a loved one affected by muscle disease
Finally, I want to say this is a great program for every one. New runners to experienced runners. If you have thought about starting running, this is a great way to start! You are getting everything you need to train for and run a successful race. Be thankful for what you have, your ability to be free, move and run! If you are interested in joining our San Diego Team you can register here.